- Understand the risks related to railway and guided transport and the requirements to mitigate them efficiently.
- Master processes of engineering Safety Critical Systems - from the mitigation objectives to the building of the safety case – that are required to operate a rail transport system.
- Content can be adapted to the audience, focusing either on rapid transit or railways.
- Engineers and technicians with basic knowledge of railways and functional safety techniques (Preliminary Hazard Analysis, FMEA, Default Tree, etc.).
DAY 1 : Principles & Standards
Safety of a guided transport system
- Dangerous events
- Mitigation tools & equipment
Safety & management of railway circulation
- Basic concepts
- Risk – mitigation
- Operation modes
Regulations & Standards
- Legal references
- Roles & documentation of the development process
- CENELEC EN 50126, 50128 & 50129 Standards and related ones
DAY 2 : Safety related systems
Control and command modules - hardware
- Probabilistic safety and redundant architectures
- Analysis and demonstration of safety features
Safety critical railway systems - software
- Railways specifics
- Formal languages and methods
- Safety cases
- Common safety method
- Illustration provided from main lines or transit ones with particular regards to safety critical software systems
- April 1-2, 2021
- October 18-19, 2021
- Paris ou Sophia Antipolis